Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can by TurboTax Premier 2023 for $25 cheaper at Costco ($18 manufacturer's savings) but the discount is not offered on your website, Why is that?

We have had issues before with the Costco turbotax not installing to the point of taking it back. It seems odd that you cannot buy it directly from Intuit for the same price as costco.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I can by TurboTax Premier 2023 for $25 cheaper at Costco ($18 manufacturer's savings) but the discount is not offered on your website, Why is that?

Retailers set their own prices.  TurboTax does not price match.  If you are finding it at a better price at Costco---then take advantage and get it at Costco.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

There are a lot of marketing and economic reasons why the manufacturer does not want to offer a discount on their own product even though third-party retailers may offer discounts.  It's too complicated for a forum post like this, it's probably part of college-level economics.  Although, I will mention that Costco makes almost all its profit from member fees, so they can sell products at or even below their wholesale cost.

If you buy the desktop product from Costco, and have problems, you can still get a 60 day money back guarantee from the Turbotax web site if you have your receipt.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-billing/turbotax-satisfac...

What problems did you have installing from Costco?  You also get a $10 credit towards the stat3 efile fee at Costco.  I always buy mine at Costco.  This year I bought the download online instead of the CD in the store.  I highly recommend it.

I bought my Windows Home & Business program from Costco online.  I have Windows 10. Here's how mine went.

I got the activation email in 20 minutes.

I clicked on the link in  the email, then chose PC Download.  It automatically went to my Downloads folder.

I double clicked on the file to to install it.  It installed FAST! It launched and updated.  Hasn't asked for the Activation code yet.  It said to continue but nothing happened.

So I clicked on the Desktop Icon - got a sign in box.  Had to log into my Turbo Tax account.  They emailed me a code to verify me.  

Then got the Activation box and entered the 16 digit code and was in.  Actually I just copied and pasted it from the email.

This year I filled in the registration box so it should stop asking me every time I launch it.

I just want to confirm that a CD is included with the purchase.

NOTE: I consulted turbotax (company) when it just started on University Ave in Palo Alto.

Yes that makes me closing in on 88 years young.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Larry

@685351   If you buy directly from Turbo Tax.  You can buy the Desktop CD/Download program at

TurboTax® Desktop 2023-2024 | Tax Software Download

After you pick a version and click on Shop now if you want a CD you need to pick the box on the right side.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies