I bought TurboTax Deluxe and I'm wondering how to ...

roscojim

I bought TurboTax Deluxe and I'm wondering how to get my free state tax return. I keep getting told that I have to pay for it. Thanks!! Jim

Is it charging you to download the state program or to efile the state return?  Where did you buy Deluxe?  In the stores Deluxe comes 2 ways.  Deluxe with a free state program download and Deluxe without state for states that don't have an income tax.  The box or invoice should say Federal+Efile+State.

bnj235

I am so upset! I've been using Turbotax for many years and have always done both my federal and state for free. Now all of a sudden this is a problem this year. I live in MN, which has an income tax, but bought my TurboTax Deluxe CD while on vacation in Texas in December of 2019. I didn't notice the free state download was not included on this CD when I bought it. Needless to say I was not at all happy when I finished my federal return and received a message stating I need to pay $44.99 to now do my MN state taxes!