Solved: I am using Turbo tax deluxe and want to skip going through itemized deductions and go right to take the standard ded. how do I do that.

I am using Turbo tax deluxe and want to skip going through itemized deductions and go right to take the standard ded. how do I do that.

If you need to switch the option TurboTax chooses, open your return and then search for itemized deductions and exemptions inside your TurboTax program.  Click OK.

You will be taken to the screen that will tell you which one you are currently using (standard deduction vs. itemized deduction).  That screen will also have a box to check if you would like to change the method TurboTax has automatically selected for you.