turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am using the CD method. Installed it on desktop, but had to re-install it. On the re-install, it did not ask for the license code, but all is OK. ? makes sense?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

I am using the CD method. Installed it on desktop, but had to re-install it. On the re-install, it did not ask for the license code, but all is OK. ? makes sense?

Yes - TurboTax remembered your license code from the first install attempt.  The licensing files were installed, even though the rest of the program may not have been.  Everything's OK!

Thank you Irene2805!

How can I remove the "remembered" license code?  I'd like to install another new copy of TTax deluxe with a new license.  I uninstalled the prior instance but it seems to have a copy of the prior license code somewhere.  How can I remove the prior instances AND the prior license key?  Uninstall from Windows 10 removed the program but not the license?

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

If you continue to have problems please contact Technical Support using this form: 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did you ever figure out how to install the new license key? I am having the same issue

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Since Community is a public forum, we don't have access to your license code to provide direct customer assistance. 

For assistance from TurboTax, you would still need to contact customer service through the article instructions below.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It's been a while since I had this issue. But a reply from the community told me that Turbo Tax remembers your

licensing code/files even if you have to re-install the CD. So it won't ask for it again. Hope that helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies