poman1972

I am using the CD method. Installed it on desktop, but had to re-install it. On the re-install, it did not ask for the license code, but all is OK. ? makes sense?

Irene2805

Yes - TurboTax remembered your license code from the first install attempt.  The licensing files were installed, even though the rest of the program may not have been.  Everything's OK!

poman1972

Thank you Irene2805!

tomandjerry1

How can I remove the "remembered" license code?  I'd like to install another new copy of TTax deluxe with a new license.  I uninstalled the prior instance but it seems to have a copy of the prior license code somewhere.  How can I remove the prior instances AND the prior license key?  Uninstall from Windows 10 removed the program but not the license?

DonnaLO

If you continue to have problems please contact Technical Support using this form: 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 

ashleywanous

Did you ever figure out how to install the new license key? I am having the same issue

AkinaLO

Since Community is a public forum, we don't have access to your license code to provide direct customer assistance. 

For assistance from TurboTax, you would still need to contact customer service through the article instructions below.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

poman1972

It's been a while since I had this issue. But a reply from the community told me that Turbo Tax remembers your

licensing code/files even if you have to re-install the CD. So it won't ask for it again. Hope that helps.