turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am unable to get my PC based TTX Home & Business to download my 2021 YE Tax data from Charles Schwab. I am able to go to directly to CS site and get the PDF version.

I am having a problem with TTX downloading 2021 YE data from Charles Schwab.  Attempt says data not available, but I can get it directly from CS.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I am unable to get my PC based TTX Home & Business to download my 2021 YE Tax data from Charles Schwab. I am able to go to directly to CS site and get the PDF version.

When you import data from a brokerage, TurboTax does not import the PDF that you see in your online account. It imports a special file that the brokerage sets up specifically for importing by TurboTax. Since it's late in the tax filing season, Schwab may have taken their TurboTax import files offline. If that's the case, you will have to enter the information manually.

I just tried and you can still import 2021 data from Schwab

first you may need to log into your Turbotax account (that's the tricky part). you may need to request a verification code. 

if you are already logged in you'll be taken to a page with the Schwab icon. click on continue. click on get my form. 

you must now log in with your Schwab credentials 

@xancramath wrote:
I am having a problem with TTX downloading 2021 YE data from Charles Schwab.  Attempt says data not available, but I can get it directly from CS.

Perhaps it could be this.  At least it's something to try.  Maybe your security setting in the Schwab account is causing the problem.  You may have to temporarily Enable "third-party access" in the security settings of your Schwab account.  Here's how to get there:

• Go to the Security Center.
  • Scroll way down that page to the section "Third-Party Access to Account Information."
  • If you want to Enable third-party access, place a button mark for that option.
  • Then log out and go your TurboTax program to try to import again.
  • After importing, don't forget to restore your security setting.  You can go back to your Schwab account and Disable that third-party access.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies