turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to remove the innocent spouse/injured spouse form and I can't get it to clear it. Can anyone explain how to do this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I am trying to remove the innocent spouse/injured spouse form and I can't get it to clear it. Can anyone explain how to do this?

The Innocent or Injured Spouse Relief form is created when you answer 'Yes' to the question 'Do you want to claim innocent or injured spouse relief?'

There are two ways to get back to that screen so you can change the answer to 'No':

1. You can get back to it via menu choices if you navigate to Other Tax Situations then Other Tax Forms then Report an injured or innocent spouse claim
  2. You can get to the section by entering innocent or injured spouse form in search box and then click the Go to.. button

If that does not delete the form, you can (very carefully) manually delete the form by doing the following: choose the Tools option from the left menu, then choose Forms Mode, then find Form 8857: Innocent Spouse Relief (Note: you may need to check the Display all active forms to see Form 8857 in the list) and when you you select it you will see a trash can button that can be used to delete the form (you will need to confirm the deletion).  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies