turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mudstompr

I am trying to change to electronic filing, as I have printed out a filing but have not mailed, so I want to electronic file, but can not locate what to do.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am trying to change to electronic filing, as I have printed out a filing but have not mailed, so I want to electronic file, but can not locate what to do.

If you haven't actually filed at all, you can open the return back up and change the filing method.

• Log into your account, and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (That doesn't really add one; that's just to open the return.)
  • Once the return is open, go through the REVIEW section to be sure everything is still in order.
  • Then go to the FILE section and change the filing method to efile.
  • Then continue on answering all the remaining screens and at the final step click a big orange button "Transmit Returns Now."
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies