mudstompr

I am trying to change to electronic filing, as I have printed out a filing but have not mailed, so I want to electronic file, but can not locate what to do.

mesquitebean

If you haven't actually filed at all, you can open the return back up and change the filing method.

• Log into your account, and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (That doesn't really add one; that's just to open the return.)
  • Once the return is open, go through the REVIEW section to be sure everything is still in order.
  • Then go to the FILE section and change the filing method to efile.
  • Then continue on answering all the remaining screens and at the final step click a big orange button "Transmit Returns Now."