Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am self employed, i don't have a 1099-misc it keeps asking for. where do I add my income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MinhT
Expert Alumni

I am self employed, i don't have a 1099-misc it keeps asking for. where do I add my income?

If you did not receive forms, you can enter directly your business income in the Self-employment income and expenses section (see attached screenshot).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

"If you did not receive forms, you can enter directly your business income in the Self-employment income and expenses section (see attached screenshot)."

There is no such screenshot attached.  When I use search it asks me to sign in (already signed in), then upon signing in I'm taken back to the page I'm stuck on.  An endless loop of frustration.

I just want to enter freelance income and I have no forms whatsoever.  I did this last year but can't remember how I arrived at the section to simply enter income without a form.......as I recall, I was able to just enter one amount, not itemized. 

My last year tax return the income was entered on a Schedule C-EZ if that helps.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies