turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kandkkap

I am ready to file and I keep getting error message to take out address on Wisconsin return. When I do, it gives me an error saying I have to put it back in.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SandraM

I am ready to file and I keep getting error message to take out address on Wisconsin return. When I do, it gives me an error saying I have to put it back in.

When going through the State Wrap-Up, the following message appears as an error:

Information Worksheet: Address should not be entered directly on the (State Name) Information Worksheet for electronic filing. You must complete the Federal Information worksheet.

This may occur when information was not entered on your Federal return and when running the state error check, TurboTax requested you to enter address information. If entered in the state error check it will then generate this error message. This may also occur with other fields including but not limited to: SSN, Name, Phone number, City, Last Name etc.

To resolve, follow these steps:

1. Go to the Check This Entry screen that is generating the error
  2. Remove the information that is entered in this field
  3. Click on Continue and remove any other information in other fields that generate the same error
  4. Continue through until you start to get the following errors Address must be entered, do not enter any information at this point
  5. Click on the Personal Info tab and review the information, Enter the missing information by selecting Edit. If there is no missing information simply continue through the Personal information section.
  6. Close or sign out of TurboTax. If you are using TurboTax Desktop choose to save return when prompted to.
  7. Open TurboTax or Sign into your TurboTax Online account
  8. Click on the Wrap-Up tab and you should no longer get the error

Please review the following Turbo Tax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301208

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does not remove the issue.  when I log back in and go to review, it still happens.

Clicking wrapping up only bypasses the error.  it's still there.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Anonymous please contact phone support, as they will be able to help troubleshoot this issue.  Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for the contact number:  What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies