turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am predominately self employed, but I have part time employment income. My part time employment does not cover insurance. Can I deduct all the insurance premiums I pay?

I'm trying to figure out if, because I am largely self employed (80% of my income is self employment), if I can still deduct the health insurance premiums I paid on a 1095 because I was not eligible for health insurance through my employer.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PeterM

I am predominately self employed, but I have part time employment income. My part time employment does not cover insurance. Can I deduct all the insurance premiums I pay?

If your self-employed income pays the premiums for the health insurance then deduct 100% on Line 29 of the Form 1040.

Please see the following publication for more information Publication 535, Business Expenses.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PeterM

If your self-employed income pays the premiums for the health insurance then deduct 100% on Line 29 of the Form 1040.

Please see the following publication for more information Publication 535, Business Expenses.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies