s3bastianruiz

I am on the form 8615 section where it asks for my parents (my mother) first and last name, filing status and SSN, but she doesn’t do taxes since she is not a U.S. citizen and does not have a SSN

ThomasM125

If your parent does not file a tax return since she is not a resident or citizen, then you don't need to file form 8615. The purpose of the form is so you will be taxed at your parent's tax rate which may be higher than yours. That is clearly not applicable here.

s3bastianruiz

I see, so would I just leave the boxes blank plus the SSN too? Or leave them blank and put all zeros for the SSN? 

pattif12

The Form 8615 is for generally for  children under 18. See Instructions for Form 8615 for Who Must File to see if this applies to your situation. If you do not need to file, you can delete the form.

Here are instructions to delete a form:

Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

For TurboTax Desktop, the vest way to delete income forms including w-2, 1098, 1099 and K-1 is to do it from the summary screen for that form:

1. Search for the form number of name
  2. Click it's jump -to link and see it it takes you to a summary screen
  3. On the info screen, you can remove it by selecting Delete
s3bastianruiz

I am 19 and a full time college student who’s mother can’t file taxes and doesn’t have a SSN since she is not a citizen, so in a sense I would just skip this form?

pattif12

Yes, you would skip the form. You will claim yourself as Single unless you are married and then your filing status would be Married Filing Joint. 

You may be eligible for Education Credits, so be sure to enter the 1098-T information from college. 

If you did not receive both stimulus payments, you can apply for those also.