Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

thesackmf

In both of my 1099 misc it ask me to fill out box 3 and box 7. When I do and hit continue it still says there is an error and will not let me file

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

In both of my 1099 misc it ask me to fill out box 3 and box 7. When I do and hit continue it still says there is an error and will not let me file

You have one 1099 and both boxes have entries?
thesackmf

No, I have two different 1099. one is asking me to double click and fill out box 7 and the other is to fill out box 3. I attempt to fill them out with a dollar amount and it continues to not allow me. What do I need to fill it with?
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

I am not sure how you entered but here is the correct procedure:

Box 3 1099-Misc

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online, click Continue your return, then pick up where I left off (if you are using TurboTax CD/ Download, then just open your return on your computer).
  1. Click on Federal Taxes at the top of the screen.
  2. At the bottom of Your Income box pick the option in blue to help me add other income, then jump to full list;
  3. Scroll down the page to the last section titled: Less common Income and click show more;
  4. Select start or update next to the last topic titled Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C;
  5. Scroll down to the last option titled Other reportable income and select start or edit;
  6. When it asks, "Any other reportable income?" say yes then type in a description and the amount to report it on your tax return.

This will place it on line 21 of your Form 1040

BOX 7

You can enter a 1099-MISC on the 1099-MISC Summary screen.

1. Sign in to TurboTax and select Take me to my return.
  2. Click "search" and search for 1099-misc.
  3. Select the Jump to 1099-misc link in the search results.
  4. Select Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC?
  • If you need to enter another 1099-MISC, select Add Another 1099-MISC to enter a new one.
  • Enter the information from your 1099-MISC.
    • If your form has an amount in more than one box, you’ll need to enter them as separate 1099-MISC forms. We’ll help you with that.
    message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
    Manage cookies