I AM NOT CLAIMING HEAD OF HOUSEHOULD

jr_hicks09

I AM NOT CLAIMING HEAD OF HOUSEHOULD

i AM CLAIMING SINGLE, BUT I WAS CLAIMING A NON DEPENDENT AS i DID LAST YEAR AND I  NEED TO KNOW WHAT  TO DO OR DID THE LAWS CHANGE THIS YEAR
DanielV01

I AM NOT CLAIMING HEAD OF HOUSEHOULD

Who is the non-dependent?
jr_hicks09

I AM NOT CLAIMING HEAD OF HOUSEHOULD

Sister

I AM NOT CLAIMING HEAD OF HOUSEHOULD

Why are you trying to claim your sister as a "non-dependent?" What are you trying to accomplish?
jr_hicks09

I AM NOT CLAIMING HEAD OF HOUSEHOULD

Why not ?
DanielV01

I AM NOT CLAIMING HEAD OF HOUSEHOULD

There is one situation in which you can claim your sister as a non-dependent, and that is for Earned Income Credit.   If she was under 19 years old, or under 24 years old and a student, or any age and totally disabled, you may be able to claim your sister for Earned Income Credit.  But to claim Earned Income Credit as a non-dependent, your sister will have to have provided at least 1/2 of her own support.  If all of these conditions exist, you may input her information and state that she did provide at least half of her support.  And you can only do this if no one else is allowed to claim her as a dependent.

Otherwise, you should either claim her as a dependent if she qualifies or remove her information from your return.