Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I retrieve 4868 when easy extension was filed online on Turbotax by filling the amount manually?

I use Turbotax Desktop edition (Premier). As I had to file the extension, I went online on turbotax.com, filled in AGI/Tax-deducted etc amount, provided bank account information to file via Easy-Extension. I received the email confirmation from Turbotax indicating the extension is approved; eventually, in a day, the money got deducted from bank account as well. All well. So far. 

Now, I need the 4868 print however the Desktop application does not show that as it's past April 15 and Online version not showing either. I'm stuck.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

How can I retrieve 4868 when easy extension was filed online on Turbotax by filling the amount manually?

How do I print my 4868 extension form after e-filing it through TurboTax Easy Extension?

1.     Sign in to your TurboTax account, if you're not already signed in.

2.     If it's not already open, select Take me to my return to reopen your tax return.

3.     On the left side of your screen, select Tax Tools > Print Center from the menu (if necessary, tap the 3 white lines to expand the menu).

4.     Select the first option, Print, save or preview this year's return and follow the directions to print all forms and worksheets. Your 4868 will be included in the printout.

Thanks.. however, I don't see such menu on left side. It shows "Tax Home" and not really leading to anywhere to show my activities etc. I had file easy extension using this account, the money had been deducted from Bank and I have received an email from Turbotax showing easyextn filed. As you know, I have to have 4868 print attached with actual return later, it is important I retrieve it. But, there is no way to do so. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Ok ... so you do NOT see "take me to my return" when you log in ?  If so scroll down and click on ADD A STATE to open the return then follow the instructions above step 3.

Thanks for the hint.. however, no such option. However, I was able to get to a page with "My Turbotax" as the menu item. It had "Easy Extension" submenutitem. Clicking on that opened the same page that I had seen earlier. (I've attached the screenshot of that page in main question above. Please refer). There is a button on that page at bottom labelled as "My Tax Timeline" that SSOs to <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ty18prod.stc-prod-us-east-2.tto-prod.a.intuit.com/unified/index/mytt">https://ty18prod.stc-p...> - basically, going back to full circle but no way to see 4868 pdf .. many thanks for your help.

Again you are NOT in the program ... find a way to get back where you can enter your income... there must be a way.

You have to be inside the program to get to the Print Center.

I tried. Believe me. I exhausted browsing thro' every link. Page refreshes to be the regular splash page trying to sell me the product. It behaves like it has forgotten that I had file easy extension via their platform (except that one page screenshotted)

I am inside the program, i.e. logged into the Turbotax.com. I can see my profile and account settings etc.

Wait a sec ... are you using the downloaded version ?  And used the online version to file the extension ?  Why ?

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this TurboTax support situation.
See this FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies