turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lola2782

I am in need of a recepit from Turbo Tax showing that I paid my 2022 return. The IRS is showing as though I did not pay. How can I go about getting this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I am in need of a recepit from Turbo Tax showing that I paid my 2022 return. The IRS is showing as though I did not pay. How can I go about getting this?

Sorry Turbo Tax doesn’t have a receipt or anything.   How did you pay it?  Your only proof of payment is your bank or credit card statement showing it coming out.  Turbo Tax does not pay it.  They only send your bank info to the IRS or state for them to pull it out of your account.

TurboTax cannot provide you with a receipt to show that you paid your tax due.  TT never knows how, when or even if you paid your tax.   Your own bank or credit card records are your proof that you paid the IRS or the state.   The IRS/states do not provide any information or feedback to TurboTax after you file your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

TurboTax has no way to know when or if you paid taxes owed.  TurboTax nor the IRS will give a receipt for taxes paid.

The only way to know if the taxes were paid will be your cancelled check, your bank or credit card statement showing the payment, depending on how you selected to pay the taxes.

Go to your IRS tax account which will have all payments received and tax refunds issued - https://www.irs.gov/payments/online-account-for-individuals

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies