Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am getting an error for efile with my KY state return because the return requires SSN or EIN for each dependent care provider however I do not have any dependents

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

22 Replies

I am getting an error for efile with my KY state return because the return requires SSN or EIN for each dependent care provider however I do not have any dependents

Same here

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try and delete Form 2441 and then resubmit. For instructions see: How do I delete Form 2441 in TurboTax Online?

If you're still getting an error after deleting the form, please comment back. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I deleted form 2441.  I also confirmed that it didn't rebuild.  I also confirmed that there is nothing in Box 10 of our w2s.  I also completely deleted the Kentucky return and did it again from scratch after everything stated in prior sentence.   I also resaved, rebooted, and restarted Turbotax.  PROBLEM/ERROR REMAINS SAME. NO FIX

ADeWitt

I followed the suggested steps for deleting the problematic form and am still receiving the error. 

clb0013
Returning Member

Same Here

It appears it is a software issue. Probably want to get your developers to look into it. 

exact same problem here. 

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Thank you for providing information about this error message. Our team is working to resolve the error message in some Kentucky state returns which is asking for an EIN for a dependent care provider.  Please sign up for notifications in this TurboTax Help article.  Notifications Kentucky Error Message EIN

Same here. I've reviewed my federal return input numerous times looking for a toggle or check box I may have inadvertedly selected, but have found none. I think this is an obvious flaw in the KY software that is preventing the state return from being e-filed. Turbo Tax needs to have their software engineers review the KY state software to come up with a solution to resolving this issue.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

This is a known issue with Kentucky state returns that we are working to resolve. You can sign up for progress updates in the link posted above by @TeresaM

@PerfectionistPete01

What is going on when trying to check for errors on KY state filing? Talks about childcare dependents. I have none. It will not let me e-file.

Do you have an estimate as to when this will be fixed?  Affects a lot of users.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We do not have a time frame currently. You can do as @MichelleLO stated above and sign up to receive an update. 

DS12345

Any updates on this? I have doesn't seem to be any communication in regards to coming close to a resolution.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies