An incomplete Form 2441 will be created if you start the Child and Dependent Care section but don't complete it. This can cause problems when attempting to file your return.
- While signed in to your return, search for child care credit (use this exact term) using Search or Help in the upper right corner.
- Select the "Jump to" link at the top of your search results.
- This will take you to the Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2018? screen. Answer Yes (even if the real answer is "no").
- Clear all boxes on the next screen, Whose care did you pay for? and continue.
- Now you'll need to delete the 2441. From the left menu (tap in the upper-left corner on mobile devices to open the menu), select Tax Tools > Tools and then select Delete a Form in the pop-up.
- Scroll down the list of forms and select the "Delete" link next to Form 2441.
- Click Delete Form to confirm. You should get Form Successfully Deleted. Select Continue.
- Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure Form 2441 no longer appears on the list. From here, you can select Continue With My Return.