Solved: I am filling 2 w2 this year but i am running into a problem when i put them both in. the total return of the w2's individually is differnt then if they are together.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am filling 2 w2 this year but i am running into a problem when i put them both in. the total return of the w2's individually is differnt then if they are together.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

I am filling 2 w2 this year but i am running into a problem when i put them both in. the total return of the w2's individually is differnt then if they are together.

That's because you are using the standard deduction and exemption twice when you enter the W-2s on separate returns. You can't do that. All income must be entered on one tax return because you only get one standard deduction and one exemption for the entire tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

That's because you are using the standard deduction and exemption twice when you enter the W-2s on separate returns. You can't do that. All income must be entered on one tax return because you only get one standard deduction and one exemption for the entire tax return.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings