Solved: I am filing my 2016 taxes and it keeps freezing at the end when trying to select either direct deposit or check by mail. Please help!

nacho4511

I am filing my 2016 taxes and it keeps freezing at the end when trying to select either direct deposit or check by mail. Please help!

HeatherPLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please see answer below.

[Edited 2.22.18 9:47PM]

mesquitebean

@This is because the 2016 program was written prior to OS X 10.13.2, which is what you appear to be using.   See my answer below for the workaround provided by SuperUser @macuser_22  , which will tell you how to do that in Forms Mode to avoid that freeze.
HeatherPLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please see answer below.

[Edited 2.22.18 9:47PM]

mesquitebean

This answer by SuperUser macuser_22 will tell you why that is occurring and the workaround.   Since you are using OS X 10.13.2, and the 2016 program was written prior to that, the workaround to avoid that freeze when choosing a refund method is to make the choices in Forms Mode.   See the details in the answer below: