hsubagiyo

I am embassy's employee and I dont receive W2. How to file my tax return?

DDollar

You file on Schedule C.  According to the IRS:

If you are a U.S. citizen working in the United States for a foreign government or international organization, you must report this compensation as wages on Form 1040 and pay self-employment tax on the compensation under the Self-Employment Contributions Act (SECA). Self-employment tax is computed on Schedule SE, Self-Employment Tax, and is also reported on Form 1040. Although you are subject to self-employment tax on this employee compensation, you are not "self-employed" for any other federal tax purposes. You may not claim deductions for expenses on Schedule C and are not qualified to establish a Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) Plan and there is no allowable deduction for contributions to any such plan.

DDollar

hsubagiyo

Thank you for your respond. Yes, I am US Citizen working in the US for a foreign embassy. Does TurboTax provide Schedule SE? Please assist me and correct me if I am wrong. In TurboTax, I should go to Federal -> go to Self Employment income and expenses (usually in turbo tax shows 1099) -> When the turbo tax ask what type of self employment, I should type / work in foreign embassy in The US - > at this section, I only need to put what is my total income only in 1 year, no expenses / deduction. Turbo tax will adjust to Schedule SE after I submit and file this tax return. Am I correct or do you have anything to say or correct me if I am wrong.
DDollar

You have it correct.  TurboTax will create a Schedule SE and everything will flow to where it is supposed to go.
hsubagiyo

Thank you so much David for your help. You answer my questions very clear.
DDollar

You're welcome.  Thanks for using TurboTax!!