I am being asked for Form 2553, but I have already...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbkl5v5
Returning Member

I am being asked for Form 2553, but I have already filed it.

Before I can file, I get the message "Attachment Needed - Form 2553. Since you are filing your S election when you e-file your tax return."

BUT I have already filed the Form 2553 and am already recognized as S-Corp. I went back through everything and couldn't find any questions asking me if I needed to file the 2553 or not.

5 Replies
KathrynG3
Employee Tax Expert

Try going over what was entered in the BUSINESS INFO tab. This is the specific area in the Step-by-Step Interview that would have those details.

You would have been asked for the date of incorporation and whether the S election was effective on a different date or not.

After these questions are answered, then you will be asked if the S corporation election has already been filed.

@nbkl5v5

nbkl5v5
Returning Member

I made sure to answer correctly in the BUSINESS INFO but it is still asking me to file the 2553. @KathrynG3 

aTmAlaskan

Ditto!!!

nbkl5v5
Returning Member

@aTmAlaskan has anyone figured this out yet?

Gwoof

In place of the 2553, I uploaded a note explaining there is a glitch in TurboTax requiring an attachment and noted my date of incorporation and the date of my S-election approval letter. It went through.  [aka. NO, Intuit has not solved this.]

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings