I am being asked for Form 2553, but I have already...

nbkl5v5

I am being asked for Form 2553, but I have already filed it.

Before I can file, I get the message "Attachment Needed - Form 2553. Since you are filing your S election when you e-file your tax return."

BUT I have already filed the Form 2553 and am already recognized as S-Corp. I went back through everything and couldn't find any questions asking me if I needed to file the 2553 or not.

KathrynG3

Try going over what was entered in the BUSINESS INFO tab. This is the specific area in the Step-by-Step Interview that would have those details.

You would have been asked for the date of incorporation and whether the S election was effective on a different date or not.

After these questions are answered, then you will be asked if the S corporation election has already been filed.

@nbkl5v5

nbkl5v5

I made sure to answer correctly in the BUSINESS INFO but it is still asking me to file the 2553. @KathrynG3 

aTmAlaskan

Ditto!!!

nbkl5v5

@aTmAlaskan has anyone figured this out yet?

Gwoof

In place of the 2553, I uploaded a note explaining there is a glitch in TurboTax requiring an attachment and noted my date of incorporation and the date of my S-election approval letter. It went through.  [aka. NO, Intuit has not solved this.]