Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yejuncho

I am at the final step and trying to e-file my tax return, but I cannot verify my phone number since I am abroad. How can I proceed without the verification?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

I am at the final step and trying to e-file my tax return, but I cannot verify my phone number since I am abroad. How can I proceed without the verification?

Add a US phone number for the Turbo Tax profile.  You need to click Intuit Account in the lower left of the Turbo Tax page and enter a U. S. phone number and then your password and save it.  I don't even think it needs to be a valid phone number because when you go to file the return, it gives you an option to get email updates and/or text messages.  Just make up a U. S. number if needed and don't check the box saying you want text messages and you should be able to get the taxes filed.  

yejuncho

I already entered my US phone number, but they won't let me file the return unless I have my phone number verified. I can't receive any text or call at the moment, so there is no way to have my number verified. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here are two FAQs to help: What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code? and How do I get a verification code if the email address is wrong?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Your FAQs do not answer the question.  I have the same problem. 

I'm ready to click efile, but TurboTax online will not let me without a phone number.  IRS instructions say a phone number is not required.  So let me efile or give me a refund!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here are two FAQs to help: What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code? and How do I get a verification code if the email address is wrong?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies