You should receive a verification code in five minutes or less. You’ll need to verify your email address before you can file your taxes.
I didn’t get my code
Check the email address on the Next, let's verify your email screen. If your email address is correct, check your spam or junk folders.
I want to get the email at a different address
You can update your email address.
- Select Not your current email address?
- Select Account settings
- On the Intuit Account screen, update your email address under Sign in & security
- Return to the File section and select Start next to Step 3
Your new email address will be listed on the verification code page and you’ll receive another verification code at that address.
My code isn't working
- Select Resend verification code to request another code
- Leave the TurboTax window open as closing it will invalidate the code
- Open another tab or window or use a different browser to check your email for the code
- If you're using a mobile device, it's okay to open your email app or another tab in your browser. Just keep TurboTax open in the background and return when you've got your code
I still need help
Contact us to get additional assistance.
Why can't I get this code on my phone?
We're required by the IRS to verify your email before you e-file.