If you no longer have access to the email address for your TurboTax account, you can't receive an emailed verification code to authenticate your access.
The next best option is to have the verification code texted to your mobile phone.
To receive your confirmation code via mobile:
- When prompted, select whether you want to receive the code via text message. Then, select Continue.
- Don't close your TurboTax window while you’re waiting for your code. It may take a few minutes to receive your code.
- If you choose the text option, enter your received confirmation code in the field labeled Enter 6-digit code. Don't enter your confirmation code in the password field.
- Email confirmation no longer requires a code. Simply select the Verify button in the email, and you'll be automatically re-routed to the TurboTax page and verified.
- Select Continue to sign into your account and continue completing your return.
Note: Requesting a new confirmation code will cancel the prior code you requested and render it invalid. Always use the most recent code you requested and received.
If texting isn't available, you'll need to confirm your account in a different way.
To confirm your account in a different way:
- When promoted, select Confirm my account in a different way, and select Continue.
- Next, follow the prompts to enter information from last year’s return. Be sure to enter the information of the primary taxpayer (this is the first taxpayer listed on last year’s return).
- Select Continue.
- When prompted, answer the TurboTax-generated security questions. These questions will refer to things that only you should know. If none of the answers apply, select None of the above.
- Once you’ve answered all the questions, and when you see the Welcome Back! screen, update your email and mobile phone contact information.
- Providing your email address or phone number makes it easier to verify your account in the future.
Once you’ve confirmed your identity, you'll be redirected to your TurboTax account. The entire process takes approximately five minutes.