stklp07

I am a teacher with a CA certification but had to pay over $1300 in order to take tests, fingerprints, fees, etc. when I moved to NY to have my teaching credential transfer.

I don't see a clear section on this in the moving deduction section. Can I deduct this? If so, how? Thank you!

IsabellaG

Since you already met the certification requirements for your profession, you would deduct these expenses as an itemized deduction, not in moving expenses. Enter your expense under Employment expenses>Job-related expenses.Your miscellaneous expense deduction is limited by a 2% Adjusted Gross Income floor, which means that if you itemize, you can only deduct the amount that is greater than 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income.

IsabellaG