I am a sub contractor that get a pay check from a contractor, no taxes come out of that check. I am 1099, how do i file?

Very confused cause the self employed package does not help me. I get a check from a Contractor but no taxes come out. I still need to claim vehicle, millage, food and material.

As a subcontractor who received a 1099, you are considered to be self-employed for tax purposes and should file schedule C.

To get to the input screens for your business:

• Once signed into your account, click on Search at the top of the screen
  • Input "schedule c" into the search box and hit Enter
  • The first link available should be Jump to schedule c - click on this link
  • You will be taken to the screens to enter your income, business information, and expenses