emvandam

I am a Dutch citizen (no greencard). I worked in NYC for 3 years and moved back to the Netherlands May 10th. My last day for my US job was May 29th. Can I use turbotax?

I also started a job in the Netherlands June 1st. Is just changing my country of residence in turbotax ok? Anything else? Or should I use a professional advisor?

NON RESIDENT ALIEN  

If you are a non-resident alien, your return must be filed on Form 1040NR, which cannot be prepared using TurboTax.  You can use TT’s partner, sprintax:

https://www.sprintax.com/non-resident-alien-tax-1040nr-turbotax.html

emvandam

Thank you for your reply! @xmasbaby0 

Are you sure? Cause right now I’m a non resident, but I did live and work in New York on a working visa till May (so the period I had income and paid tax I lived there) .. and the years before I used TurboTax which worked. It’s just the move in the middle of the year now.. 

You have not given us enough information so we cannot know if you are NRA---check on the sprintax site for clarification.