Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to Submit a Tax Question

Hello

Can you please tell me how i can submit a question to the Turbo Tax community for help?   I am a turbo tax desk top user and I submitted a question to what I thought was the community.  I received a reply saying the forum I used is for tax professionals only .

Can you please guide me to correct forum?

Thank you,

FEDRED 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
GabiU
Level 15

You're in the right place! Feel free to start another thread on one of these boards and community members will chime in if they have insights. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jmnc1999

Hi! I filed my taxes on the 14th of February 2021. Right away there was a mistake I had to correct so I did and the return was accepted. I was given a date of March 9th or before for my return. Unfortunately It’s still being processed. It was a simple tax return so I can’t imagine why it’s not on time. 

Hi,

My question is about the 3rd stimulus payment. 

Subject:   Turbo Tax didn’t ask for my 3rd stimulus payment

I received my 3rd stimulus payment $600 on 3/17/21 and I didn’t receive the IRS Letter 6475.  For this tax year 2021, my 2021 AGI is more than the eligible income (single, $80k).  Turbo Tax didn’t ask me about the stimulus payment.  Do I have to report it?  If so, how?    Thank you!

PattiF
Expert Alumni

The third stimulus payment was based on either your 2019 or 2020 tax return. If your 2020 return wasn't filed and processed by the time the IRS began processing the third stimulus check, they used your 2019 tax return information to calculate your payment. If they had received your 2020 return by the third stimulus processing time, the payment will be based on the 2020 return. You may have been eligible for the third stimulus payment.

You can check the 2021 stimulus questions by:

search for stimulus and select the jump-to link to return to the section. Enter your updated info and Continue.

@prettyspring

Hi PattiF,

Thank you for your quick reply! IRS used my 2019 income to issue my 3rd stimulus check.  

I followed your instructions. Jump to 'stimulus', then in screen 'We're Ready to Review Your Federal Return', I selected "No, I have something to enter"  but TT listed W2, 1098, etc. and NOT STIMULUS PAYMENT.   I think because my 2021 AGI is more than $80K.  

To test, I changed my 2021 income to less than $80K, then TT asked me about the stimulus amt.   My 2021 income caused TT not to ask me about stimulus.   Do I have to report it? If so, how?

Thank you!

No, you do not need to report the stimulus payment in your tax return because your AGI is too high to qualify for a Recovery Rebate Credit. Since the stimulus payment is not taxable, you do not need to report it. 

[Edited 03/12/22:12:09 PM PST]

@prettyspring 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

No, you do not need to report it.   You technically do not qualify for the 3rd stimulus payment, but the IRS does not require those funds to be repaid.   And you are correct, TurboTax will not take you to the stimulus questions if your adjusted gross income is too high.   Remember to change you income number back to the correct number. 😉     @prettyspring

Hi DawnC,

Thank you so much!  🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies