Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to speak to a live representative at the IRS? There is no wait time to even consider speaking with one, the phone just hangs up!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How to speak to a live representative at the IRS? There is no wait time to even consider speaking with one, the phone just hangs up!

the only hope you have at this time is to keep calling.  however, even if you get through the agent may not be able to give you a date as to when you'll receive your refund.  

My expected refund date was 5/5/2021. I chose to pay for filing my taxes through turbo taxes with my refund. Turbo tax is going to charge me even though I haven’t received a refund. 

@shamilletensley wrote:

My expected refund date was 5/5/2021. I chose to pay for filing my taxes through turbo taxes with my refund. Turbo tax is going to charge me even though I haven’t received a refund. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the account fees - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

Your refund could have been adjusted to below the amount of the fee or to zero.

Or it could have been garnished for past due amounts.

It may never come. TurboTax has no way to know.

So, considering, their policy is reasonable. You agreed to it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies