Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

foconer

How to refile in turbo tax as an efile.

Mailed tax returned has not been process which i filed first week of april. I want to re-file using efile. How to do it in turbo tax?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Don't efile.  You just have to keep waiting.  The IRS doesn't wNt you to efile or mail again.

They just started opening the mail in June that's been stacking up. So you have to keep waiting.

See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

foconer

If I don't refile, how would i know if they've received my return and not got lost ? I just opened an account in irs and the status is "Your 2019 Tax Return Has Not Been Processed". Also, i tried "where's my refund" and there was no result.

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Did you send your return via a trackable form of shipment (Priority Mail, Certified, etc.)? If so, you will be able to request proof of delivery that way. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
foconer

Unfortunately we lost the tracking number and USPS couldn't help us retrieve it. In turbo tax, I could see a message "It looks like you've already mailed in your 2019 tax return. The IRS has the info they need to qualify you for a stimulus payment. ". Does that confirm help or mean anything?

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

There are delays in processing paper returns. You cannot alternatively efile after mailing in a return. The IRS was closed for return processing for some time to focus on the economic stimulus payments. They have resumed normal operations and are now processing returns. You will have to be patient as the IRS works on getting caught up. Continue to track the progress through the IRS Check my Refund Status link.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies