turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is the cost for filing fed and state returns with the self-employed online bundle?

I have the self-employed online bundle. I just want it clarified that it won't cost me anything to file my fed and state returns. When I went to turbotax to transfer the information from quickbooks, I had to choose SE or SE Live. The cost said it was $120 or about $200 for live. I thought I didn't have to pay anything more since I pay $17/month for the online service.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What is the cost for filing fed and state returns with the self-employed online bundle?

Here's a comment (https://dyernews.com/quickbooks-turbotax-self-employed-tax-bundle-review/) about using the Quickbooks self-employment tax bundle:

$0 spent
I have to say that, the entire time I was working on my return in TurboTax, I was worried that I would end up getting a bill when I finally made it to the filing prompt. Yet this never happened as my total was always displayed as $0. They did provide a couple of opportunities to upgrade — in which case your total wouldn’t be $0 — but, if you stick with the basics, both your federal and state returns are included.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

How to get your free Turbo Tax Self Employed version
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2930260-how-do-i-access-turbotax-self-employed-when-i-m-ready-to-e...>

Here's a comment (https://dyernews.com/quickbooks-turbotax-self-employed-tax-bundle-review/) about using the Quickbooks self-employment tax bundle:

$0 spent
I have to say that, the entire time I was working on my return in TurboTax, I was worried that I would end up getting a bill when I finally made it to the filing prompt. Yet this never happened as my total was always displayed as $0. They did provide a couple of opportunities to upgrade — in which case your total wouldn’t be $0 — but, if you stick with the basics, both your federal and state returns are included.

I, finally, went ahead through the return, and I did see that it was showing $0, unless I wanted to upgrade, like you said. So, I finally finished it, and it was $0 for both federal and state. This was just the 2nd year I've done it, and I couldn't remember what happened last year! LOL! Thanks for taking time to answer.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies