randygibbs2005

How to get K-1 income to transfer to QBI worksheet?

JulieCo

K-1 amounts in Box 17 with codes in the range of V to Z (for 1120S form) or Box 20 with codes in the rage of Z to AD (for 1065 form) are what are used to calculate the QBI deduction (Section 199A deduction).  If you do not have amounts in the above box with the above code ranges, then the QBI deduction will not calculate for the K-1 income.  Also, you need to completely enter the K-1 form before the QBI deduction will trigger, meaning you need to get through the entire section in TurboTax.

JulieCo

pbhollinger

I did enter my Z and AB data in box 20 on my 1065. but it did not create the "QBI link" required to finish the return. Is TT working on this?  March/02/2018 is a bit late not to have the program finished.
dimarcojm

same problem.  all of k-1 entered in to turbotax but not carrying over to worksheet
mcgraw-marvin

same problem here...any resolution?
dimarcojm

Finally got it go go through. Despite having thought I had previously linked, linked again and it worked
mcgraw-marvin

Please tell me how you created the QBI link? Many thanks!
mcgraw-marvin

dimarcojm

It appeared as an option in left column