Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How to file 1099 for wages paid to independent contractors

how do I get back to the 1099 quick file option for wages paid to independent contractors
1 Reply
New Member

How to file 1099 for wages paid to independent contractors

Assuming that If you are running this business as a Sole Proprietorship, then follow these steps in Turbo Tax to enter your income and expenses onto Schedule C of the Form 1040:

  • Log into your tax return.
  • Use the search box in the upper right hand corner. Type "schedule c" in the box and press enter.
  • This will bring up the "Jump to schedule c" that link.
  • From here Turbo Tax will ask you some specific questions about your business. You'll be led through a different screens asking you more questions regarding your business.
  • You'll also be taken to a screen to enter you income.
  • Finally, Turbo Tax will bring you to the screen for you to choose what expenses you would like to enter onto your tax return.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies