turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MayaD
Expert Alumni

How to change bank account

If you already filed your return you can no longer change your bank information.

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail. IRS website 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed with Turbo but I didnt recieve any money back for my refund but I need to add a bank account to turbotax in order to get the stimulus check, how do I do that?

@amariidior wrote:

I filed with Turbo but I didnt recieve any money back for my refund but I need to add a bank account to turbotax in order to get the stimulus check, how do I do that?

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

Cmscarlie

How can I change my bank account 

@Cmscarlie wrote:

How can I change my bank account 

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

I'd like to know how to put my banking info on my 2019 account so that I can get my check that everyone's talking bout.

How do I change bank info with irs. I accidentally put down savings when it should have been checking 

Matt7628

I need to update my bank account info for my stimulus check but usually owe taxes every year and I have a payment arrangement in place to pay back taxes monthly so how would I do this without spending my stimulus on taxes owed ?? 

Matt7628

I’ve also tried to update my info on the IRS website and I keep getting the message payment status not available :(

MayaD
Expert Alumni

You can use the Get My Payment application to update your bank account or mailing address.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How can I change my bank account number 

Are we gonna recieve our stimlus payment on turbotax prepaid debit card ?! Its the same routing number but the card I have is a different acct number then when I filed in 2018 

MIWFAN97

How do you change the bank account information after you filed?

Too bad that Bank seems to have no idea who i am when i input my ss# it says invalid so MY Question is does my money actually go through that bank?  cause according to the bank it does not   i used intuit turbo tax  not tpg    how is this the number  given to help for turbo tax card?   

@AmyC   This number is incorrect  Tpg and santa barbara bank have no clue who i am . I used turbo tax to file my taxes and requested intuit turbo debit card for the deposit  but have not received the card or found any person that can help me retrieve my tax return. The tax people say  they can't do anything about it   it's  green dot  green dot says my information is invalid.  I track my return at irs website it has been deposited for 3 month's now  but i am unable to gain access to the account or card  i need to speak to a person that can HELP ME  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies