turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How how do I enter babysitting income?

I done filed my taxes but I need to enter that I have babysit to how can I go back with out messing up my information that I have already filled out to put that I was babysitting.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If you have filed your tax return and then discover that you have an error to correct you will have to wait until the IRS either accepts or rejects your tax return.      

If the return is rejected you will correct the error that caused the rejection, and refile your return.      

If the return was accepted by the IRS then you will have to file an amended tax return using Form 1040X to correct the error to your tax return.    

This link to the TurboTax Help page  How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed provides information on how to amend your tax return.     

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I do not believe this previously posted  statement  is true "If you had "any" income from babysitting in 2014 regardless of the amount, you need to report that income." 

According to the below source you don't have to file if self employment income is less than $400. Of course it depends on other income sources but if  there is only self employed income of less than $400 there is no reporting requirement.

Publication 501 (2021), Dependents, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information

Table 3. Other Situations When You Must File a 2021 Return

3.You had net earnings from self-employment of at least $400.

Why are you quoting from a 2021 tax publication when the original question was about 2014?

There was and earlier post which said  "EDIT: 1/11/2015 -- This post has been here since 2013, and I note folks are still finding it useful for their 2014 tax return. So let me add some additional information to help avoid potential problems due to tax law changes for 2014."

I was therefore updating it with 2021 tax info.

If you dont think it's relevent anymore than we can just delete my post.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies