turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kristenkubina
Returning Member

How do I see what I answered when filing my 2021 return?

Turbo Tax is telling me I made a mistake and answered a question wrong and I know I did not.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Which question?  Have you filed your return and if you did was it Accepted?  Or is it rejecting?

To change a return If you haven't mailed or efiled yet, see

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-want-to-change-a-return-i-ve-printed-but-haven-t...

If you haven't efiled or mailed your return or it rejected you can go back in to finish and change anything you want.  Do not click on Amend!

Click on Add a State to let you back into your return.

From Tax Home (the first screen you see after you sign in), scroll down to Your tax returns & documents. You may have to select Show to open the drop down.

Select 2021, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this is just the workaround).

kristenkubina
Returning Member

I already filed and it said I wasn't eligible for the EIC. I reviewed it twice and got the same answer. I have filed with Turbo Tax for years and never made a mistake. Now the IRS says I was eligible, and Turbo Tax won't even look into because they say I MUST have made a mistake.  No.

I don't think we know why the IRS is sending those EIC letters.  It may be you don't qualify based on 2021 income but can use the 2019 lookback provision.  Did you enter your 2019 income when  you filed 2021?  

You can look back and use your 2019 income for the EIC credit instead of 2020 & 2021.   How to use the Lookback provision

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/earned-income-credit/help/how-do-i-use-the-lookback-provision-to-m...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies