Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I round up an estimated tax voucher in TT? I just want to round to the nearest $1,000. Thank you

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AmandaR1

How do I round up an estimated tax voucher in TT? I just want to round to the nearest $1,000. Thank you

You can't change the estimated tax voucher amounts, even to round up. The software takes the estimated amount to avoid penalties and divides it by the applicable number of payments, but you cannot change the amounts of a voucher.

Alternatively, you can complete the short 1040-ES vouchers yourself and enter the amount you'd like to pay. You'll find the vouchers on the last pages, HERE.

Turbotax USED to let me round up the payment amounts to the nearest $10 or $100.  Why can't I do that anymore?

You can round to the nearest $10 or $100. Go to Form View "Est Tax Options". It was a form just above the first 1040ES. I just did this so I know it is possible.

The online version of TT does not have a form-view option - so that suggestion won't work for me. My state program (Illinois) presented the option to round estimated tax vouchers before filing, but not the federal. (Both my federal and state were part of the TT online version.)

DianeC958
Expert Alumni

Once you print out the vouchers for Estimated Payments you can change the amounts on the vouchers.

If you would like you can pay your Estimated Payment online instead of sending in the vouchers

at Pay your taxes online

@douglascriner 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies