Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

bjlw
Returning Member

How do I report TurboTax Software Errors?

There seems to be an error when entering Vermont Homestead Property Tax section.  We own outright our homestead property (100%) and have entered all the information from property tax receipt.  The program script goes into a loop assuming we are renting the property, which is NOT the case and no matter how one answers the questions it enters the renter's loop.  I do not believe that it how it is suppose to work.   Please let me know if I am in error.

Thank

B. Whitney

hartmcm

I am using TT2021 deluxe.  It shows the 2020 income amount in Retirement plans and social security about double of my actual 2020 retirement income.  As a result, the ADI shown in the 2020 column is $75,300 higher than on my filed 2020 1040 form.  However, the correct 'taxable income' and 'taxes owed' is shown under the 2020 columns in the 2021 Turbo Tax.    It doesn't seem to affect my 2021 calculations but it makes things very confusing.  Usually looking at the 2020 values is helpful.

Vermont 2021 Form RRC-146 Renter Rebate Claim.  The software isn't asking if I qualified (which is no).  It's asking for information I don't have and shouldn't add.  The return was rejected looking for key missing information because I can't bypass it.  Can you fix the Vermont return to correct this?

hayden1949
Returning Member

On schedule 8812, line 14h should carry over to line 19 on Form 1040-SR.  This is in Part 1-B on schedule 8812.  When I print form 1040=SR, line line 19 is blank but $500 is being used to calculate line 21.  So this appears to be an error in the coding by leaving the blank line unprinted but included properly in the calculation.

mikekerrors
Returning Member

Only part of this distribution was a RMD.   This I  marked

Filed RMD amount is ready to enter.

I Entered RMD values. I click on CONTINUE. 

I comeback and find filed EMPTY

Edwardlotz
Returning Member

I encountered a new interface on my deluxe after installing updates. I have problems so far:

1-when creating a new file there is no option that i can find to import info from my last years taxes. I ended up opening up my last year taxes and then I got the message to import. This is not intuitive. 

2-when I went to save the file it would only let me save it to the folder I opened the file in and the only options I had was recent folders or drives. I could not drive down to a new folder. I ended up just put it a drives top level then moving the file to the correct folder. 

3-for some reason it filled out the child tax credit form even though I have no kids/dependents listed. I found this out cause there were errors when checking file. 

I do not like the look of this new interface. It looks like I am in a internet browser. I have used the old interface for years and since the new started off with issues have not made my acceptance better. I have used turbo tax for 30 years and know my way around it so since I had the about issues there is a problem. 

How do I report Turbo Tax allocating my wife's 1099-R to me for Maryland return?

RayC5

There is an error on the Enter Annuity Information, State Information portion. TurboTax  is asking for boxes 12 and 13 on the 1099-R. The Office of Personnel Management Retirement Operations 1099-R has that information in boxes 14 and 15.

@RayC5 wrote:

There is an error on the Enter Annuity Information, State Information portion. TurboTax  is asking for boxes 12 and 13 on the 1099-R. The Office of Personnel Management Retirement Operations 1099-R has that information in boxes 14 and 15.

Then enter the amounts from box 14 and 15 on the form you received from OPM in the boxes 12 and 13 on the TurboTax form.

(In Windows TT Deluxe 2021) in the summary “Here's a Picture of Your 2021 Income”, Natural Gas Royalty income entered in a 1099-Misc I is not counted either in the appropriate line or the total. I deleted the 1099 and re-entered it and reran through the steps over and over to no avail. The depletion expense for the item only shows up as a loss. If I click on the $0 it shows the correct amount from the 1099.

rental income and expenses . The is a Schedule E worksheet has a red excalamation point and the the linked 1099 income linked is highlighted pink.

1099-Misc income is not counted in the summary “Here's a Picture of Your 2021 Income”, (In Windows TT Deluxe 2021)

(In Windows TT Deluxe 2021) in the summary “Here's a Picture of Your 2021 Income”, Natural Gas Royalty income entered in a 1099-Misc I is not counted either in the appropriate line or the total. I deleted the 1099 and re-entered it and reran through the steps over and over to no avail. The depletion expense for the item only shows up as a loss. If I click on the $0 it shows the correct amount from the 1099. Therer is a Schedule E worksheet has a red excalamation point and the the linked 1099 income linked is highlighted pink.

But does this fix result in an amount being entered on line 12c?  My guess is that line 12c will be blank.  Line 14 will have the correct amount but the program will not show the amount on line  12c.  The question is whether the IRS computer system will kick out the return if line 12c is improperly blank.

PetalumaAl
Returning Member

I am working with up-to-date TT 2021 on a PC.  I have two homes with one mortgage each.  One was refinanced in 2020 and one in 2021.  Both were "cashout" refis, so the 1099s do not reflect the right amount of deductible interest.  I have calculated the correct deductible amount for each loan.  I always do Schedule "A".

In completing the TT questions for mortgage interest reported on a 1099, I checked the box that says that the amount of interest reflected on the 1099 is incorrect as the deductible amount.  (I inserted the correct deductible amounts into TT on the 1099 for each institution.)  I completed the rest of the questions/answers including the one that says that "I will do the calculation myself" for the amount of deductible interest.  

The TT Schedule "A" is not reflecting either of these amounts on its line 8a.  Line 8a shows "0".  I believe that TT has an error in not moving these reported interest to Schedule "A".  The "box" on Schedule A line 8 is checked showing that the interest on line 8a is not the amount reported on the original 1099...so that part is working OK, but the amounts are not being transferred OR TT is not providing an area for me to input the amounts in a separate question that TT would move line 8a.

Thanks for thinking about this.

XYV5P2b

Box on screen reads "Your Maryland return is currently unavailable to view, print, or download because some of the forms haven't been finalized yet.  E-filed return and accepted by MD.

EJV624
Returning Member

I just tried to e-file my AMENDED 2020 tax return which needed to be corrected since I was notified by Turbotax that they had a calculation issue with form 8615 in 2020 which resulted in my over paying my tax and thus I am entitled to a refund.  

I have the CD version for 2020 Deluxe and all software updates have been applied. 

The  same issue described by another user it gets to the transmission part then fails because the signature date i am entering (todays date 2/2/22 ) needs to be prior to 12/31/21.   I know the IRS is allowing for efile of amended returns from 2019 to present  but TurboTax does not.   One agent I spoke with said I needed to mail it.  Seems there is some confusion around this topic for sure. Can anyone from Turbotax clarify it and when this will work in TurboTax?  Thanks 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies