Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gv932n

How do I report income on a Uber Tax Summary (no 1099)?

I received a Uber Tax Summary (no 1099's). Their net earnings include tolls that I paid. Do I report as income their number that includes the tolls as my income and deduct the tolls as an expense?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

To enter your Uber tax summary:

• Go to Federal > Income & Expenses
  • Scroll down to See all income. In the Self-employment section, click Start next to Income & Expenses
  • Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
  • Continue through the interview to enter your business information.
  • When you get to the Let's Review Your Work Info screen, make sure everything is correct and then click Looks Good
  • The next screen will give you the option to import your Uber tax documents.  Click Skip this.
  • On the Let's get income for work screen, select Additional Income (this covers income not reported on a tax form). Click Continue.
  • Then enter your gross earnings and the amount on the next page.
  • Proceed through the rest of the income interview until you get to What kind of expenses did you have for Rideshare driving?
  • Select Vehicle to enter your mileage and Other miscellaneous expenses to enter your Uber partner fees and then click Continue.
  • On the next page, click Start next to vehicle to enter your vehicle information.  When you get to the Vehicle Summary page, click Done.
  • Scroll down and click Start next to Other miscellaneous expenses.  Enter Uber Partner fees in the description and the amount. Click Continue.

gv932n

I don't think this answered my question. "Do I report as income their number that includes the tolls as my income and deduct the tolls as an expense?"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies