Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get my 1040 ES forms if I will have to pay quarterly this year?

I filed my 2019 taxes and started two contracting jobs halfway through last year. This year I'm fairly sure I'll probably make enough at one of the two contracting jobs to have to file a quarterly 1040 ES. How do I get the 1040 ES forms so I can make the first payment for this quarter in April?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

TurboTax may use your tax information and generate the estimated payment vouchers automatically.  If they are not printed automatically, or if you want to go through the section to make adjustments based on your expected income, then use the following steps:

1. With your tax return open, search for 1040-es (be sure to include the dash) and select the Jump to link.
  2. Answer No to the question Do you want to change your W-4 withholdings for 2020?
  3. Answer the questions about things like your 2020 filing status, income, and deductions.
  4. Eventually, you'll come to the Print Vouchers? screen. Answer Yes and we'll include your 2020 1040-ES payment vouchers when you print a copy of your return later.

Also, see the following TurboTax article for more details:  Can TurboTax calculate next year's Federal estimated taxes?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

There doesn't appear to be a way to "open" my tax return to type in a 1040-es search so that i can "jump to" the link????  My return has already been submitted so the only options I have are to print/download my 2019 taxes or to Amend my return?  Can you please clarify how I open the return in step one so I can do the other steps?

@agiles1207 wrote:

There doesn't appear to be a way to "open" my tax return to type in a 1040-es search so that i can "jump to" the link????  My return has already been submitted so the only options I have are to print/download my 2019 taxes or to Amend my return?  Can you please clarify how I open the return in step one so I can do the other steps?

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies