currentalien

How do i find my taxpayer ID number?

How do i find my taxpayer ID number?

Your Taxpayer ID number is your Social Security Number.  If not eligible for a SSN then it is your ITIN that you requested from the IRS.

peacesafe

How do i find my taxpayer ID number?

I never receive my W2 for year 2017, from my employer, I request  a form wage and income Transcript from the 

IRS, when i receive the transcript, the Employer Identification number, had only the last 4 digits numbers. 

Can i used the 4 digits numbers, because its seen that the irs and social security Transcript wage and income 

only give you the last 4 digits.          Thanks 

How do i find my taxpayer ID number?

@peacesafe wrote:

You must use the complete 9 digit Employer Identification Number when entering the W-2 on the 2017 tax return.

If you cannot obtain the W-2 from your employer, then for a fee you can get a complete copy of a W-2 from the Social Security Administration - https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-02501