patricia-angel

How do I file this form on line? Chris has a child support issue,and it is not my responsibility. I filed this form last year.

Rachel_W

If you file Married Filing Jointly, you need to include Form 8379, Injured Spouse Form so that the IRS does not use your refund towards your Husband's back child support.  By filing this form, your portion of the refund will not be used to pay the back child support.

You are considered the "Injured Spouse" because you are not liable for your Husband's back child support.

Please follow these instructions to complete Form 8379 in TurboTax:

• Login to your TurboTax Account 
  • Select "Take Me To My Return"
  • Click "Search" in the upper right corner, then type "Injured Spouse" in the Search Box 
  • When the results populate, click the "Jump to Link"
  • Click "Yes" where it asks "Do you want to claim innocent or injured spouse relief?
  • From here TurboTax will walk you through preparing an Injured Spouse Form 8379

Rachel_W

• Login to your TurboTax Account 
  • Select "Take Me To My Return"