cresie3332

How do I file my 1099's for 2017 and 2018?

I am required to have the past two years tax returns filed for my chapter 13 case. I have court in a few days and must provide info showing that I have filed my taxes for 2017 and 2019. How can I get these filed as quickly as possible?

You have to file those past year returns by mail.  E-filing is closed for those years.

To file a return for a prior tax year

If you need to prepare a return for 2016, 2017, or 2018 you can purchase and download desktop software to do it, then print, sign,  and mail the return(s)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

Remember to prepare your state return as well—if you live in a state that has a state income tax.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Note:  The desktop software you need to prepare the prior year return must be installed/downloaded to a full PC or Mac.  It cannot be used on a mobile device.

Instead of mailing in the return ... take 2 copies of each tax  return to the local IRS office and they will accept one for processing and mark the other accepted for your court records.