Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter minister's housing allowance in Home & Business, with no W2 or 1099?

My housing allowance is my only remuneration so there is no actual income to report, so I do not get a 1099 or W2.

I cannot find any place in Home & Business that lets me add a new business (Clergy - 813000 code) when there is no 1099 or W2 to start the housing allowance workflow.

I do not want to go straight to the form because in the past it wouldn't let me file online if I do an exception  like that.

In prior years this was possible - I just can't seem to find where to kick off the workflow this year. I go through everything in the "business" tab, and I'm not seeing any "add a business" option anywhere.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

How do I enter minister's housing allowance in Home & Business, with no W2 or 1099?

You need to enter it as though you had received a 1099-MISC for your clergy income.  Go back to the 'Wages and Income' section and scroll down to 1099-MISC and follow the step by step guide there.

Here's a guide to entering the clergy housing allowance in TurboTax.

@bigteks2 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I am stuck on this screen. There is no button or link to do anything like add a business. What am I missing?

The only other link is one at the bottom that says "Done with Business"

If I click on the button at the top that says "Business Income and Expenses" it just takes me back to the prior screen. That's it, nothing else I can interact with here.

Kond of frustrating.

image.png

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

You need to enter it as though you had received a 1099-MISC for your clergy income.  Go back to the 'Wages and Income' section and scroll down to 1099-MISC and follow the step by step guide there.

Here's a guide to entering the clergy housing allowance in TurboTax.

@bigteks2 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks @RobertB4444 . that was where it was hiding!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies