turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dave16b

How do I elect qualified opportunity zone deferrals in Turbo Tax Premier 2018? Is this to be included in an update or is the 2018 software just unusable for me?

This was asked in a similar question but the answer was that TT does not have this functionality.  This is a key piece of the latest tax code and I decided to use it.  Does Intuit monitor these questions?  It seems that someone should be able to answer this question and suggest an alternative if they do not plan to address it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I elect qualified opportunity zone deferrals in Turbo Tax Premier 2018? Is this to be included in an update or is the 2018 software just unusable for me?

As you said, from what I have read TurboTax does not support that, so you will need to use another method to file your tax return.  If I remember correct, the Moderators have specifically said they will not be supporting it this year.
dave16b

I thought this was a comment from some one that is a part of the community and said it currently does not function.  I did not hear that Intuit/Turbotax had no plans to support it in 2018.  I will need to file an extension anyway so better late than never.  It is disappointing to me that I purchased a product that I can not use.  Does anyone know if Intuit answers questions on this forum or if not how else can I contsct them to get this confirmed?

use a different Code (like B) to get your adjustment amount on form 8949 and calculate your tax

Then get the fillable-PDF version of 8949 from www.irs.gov

OR

use Wite-Out and enter the correct Code.

You'll have to file a paper return via US Mail.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies