To enter your Residential Energy Credits (Form 5695) in TurboTax Online:
- Open (continue) your tax return in TurboTax Online.
- Click My Account (top right of your screen).
- Click Tools.
- In the pop-up window, click Topic Search.
- In the search bar, type 5695.
- In the topic box, highlight 5695, residential energy credit, then click GO.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your Energy-Saving Home Improvements.
Will this also allow me to carry forward solar credits in excess of my 2021 tax liability, to claim on future returns? And will it lead me to other necessary forms to complete the return?
Yes, you can carry any unused Residential Solar Energy Credits forward to 2022.
To claim the credit, you must file IRS Form 5695 as part of your tax return. TurboTax will calculate the credit on Part I of the form, and then enter the result on your Form 1040.
You won't need any other forms.
Type 'residential energy credit' in the Search area, then click on 'Jump to residential energy credit.'
Click this link for more info Tax Credit for Residential Solar Energy.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
2021 form 5695 information
To enter Home Energy Credits -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Deductions and Credit
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Under Your Home
- On Home Energy Credits, click the start or update button
Or enter home energy improvement in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to home energy improvement