Solved: How do I change from deluxe to the free version to...

How do I change from deluxe to the free version to avoid the state and federal fee

Can I downgrade to a lower-priced version of TurboTax Online?

Yes, but each version of TurboTax is designed to handle different tax situations and their associated forms.

While you’re welcome to downgrade, you may miss some features — and you’ll be prompted to upgrade when those features are needed.

If you still want to downgrade, use the clear and start over feature (you won't be able to do this if you've already submitted payment or deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund).