dloper25

How come TaxCaster shows me more money then when i file

When i used the tax calculator and typed all of the info in from my w2 it shows me a higher refund then when i input it in to file.

Texas Roger

Taxcaster is less accurate than the actual tax return. If there is a big difference, you should double check all your entries on your tax return to make sure there are no mistakes.

Texas Roger

dloper25

Thanks for answering. Yes i think im getting the state wages part mixed up. Not sure if its box 16 or box 17. On tax caster i was entering box 16 but when i filled out the info for the return i was entering box 17.
mattysgirl21

Same problem! Mine is like 2000 off! I do  miscellaneous income 1099 and every other year it’s been right on the money and this year it’s wayyyy off! I started over did it again with same out come. So I used h and r blocks Tax calculator and it told me the exzact amount that my actual return is telling me so something is very wrong with the tax caster app this year